What's the first word that comes to mind when you meet a person who...

says they like video games and anime?

I seem to keep getting lumped in with the people who neglect their lives because I play video games and watch anime. I've got a 5am-3pm job, I pay my bills, and I'm in a happy relationship. Video gaming and anime is just something to kill time on my breaks and after work. Heck, my boyfriend and I play video games together and watch anime when I'm home.

Help us keep this site organized and clean. Thanks!
[ Report Post ]
Comments ( 22 ) Sort: best | oldest
  • I'm not in the mood to be impolite on this one so I'll just say that the phrase, "not my cup of tea", immediately comes to mind along with some other choice words, and phrases.

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • I think they have a hobby that they enjoy and that makes them happy and I don't care.

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • Me

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • I've met a lot of guys who love anime and video games and two of my guy friends do. There is a pretty wide variety of people who are into these things, it completely depends on wether the person enjoys those things as a pasttime thing or they're completely obsessed.
    I try to generally avoid guys who are very into anime as they often are misogynistic and weird. Anime sexualizes women a lot. It depends on the individual guy but anyone who has a limited social life tend to be more brainwashed by those things and thinks that the real world is like anime and that goes for both men and women. A lot of young women nowadays get so obsessed with anime bois that they start dressing as them and eventually change their pronuns and make their favorite characters their whole personalities. That's not just the fault of anime though, but the internet culture that comes with it.

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • I think it would be hard to have a conversation with them.

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • When someone is into video games and anime it makes me wonder if they keep a Jar full of their own boogers somewhere.

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • immature

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • After sharehouse after sharehouse living with gamers, and doing a 3 year animation course where 90% of the student body would list video game and anime as their only two interests, (video games, anime and dungeon and dragons the other 10%) I feel overly qualified to answer this.

    I think of sugar. Yep you heard me right, sugar. Their diet consists of large intakes of sugar, their interactions are that of giddy excitement, coming out from their socially introverted shells in a literal sugar rush of enthusiasm about the hobby/interest, the minute details of it, the memes and gifs forthcoming in an avalanche of ironic deconstructive cultural references to emphasise conversational points and to win arguments that were never arguments to begin with

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • First thought; A millennial absorbed in their own world, introvert unless you're playing in their little world.

    As a hobby not a big deal, but most anime and gamers I know are absorbed into it. They don't participate in society outside, maybe work time if they have a job.

    I agree with Kikilizzo, anime is a form of sexualization as addictive as porn. It's not unusual for those deeply into it, to dress and act out sexually.

    Gamers are different,still possibly absorbed or addicted, to the point of anti social and urinating in a bottle. However, the personality depends more on the type of game. Some get violent others are addicted to a creative art, or even designing clothes and they spend every waking hour as well as money they have in the dark involved with the game.

    Again as a hobby fine, but if they spend an average of 3 to 4 hours a day or 20 to 30 hours a week, they're too absorbed for me.

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • Nothing, that makes up a large chunk of the people you meet these days. It’d be weirder if they didn’t.

    I’m not huge on either, but if you don’t like black lagoon I’ll spit on you.

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • That they're an introvert

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • The stereotype only applies to those who only do those two things. They nerd nerd out but cant hold a real conversation on other subjects.

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • It makes me think this person probably has furry sex art on their computer.

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • Irrelevant to anime, fun to games

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • A person that likes anime and video gaming is what comes to mind. Duh.

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • I think they have alot of freetime and dont manage it wisely

    Comment Hidden ( show )
Add A Comment