Is it normal that i hate new year’s eve/day?
I hate it because:
- the calendar year is completely arbitrary and human made. There’s many different “new year’s” celebrated around the world for this very reason. Why should I give a damn about this particular one?
- it forces me to remember that I haven’t accomplished shit this past year, and that I’m one year older and closer to death. Time is running out.
- I get invited to parties but I have a hard time not being a drag because I don’t see what there is to be happy about. It’s just another day to me.
- I don’t like getting wasted or getting high af. I’m already frail and unhealthy as it is, and I don’t even do any of that stuff.
- Everyone with a partner kisses each other but I don’t have one and never have.
- My parents force me to be happy and smile for videos and pictures and I don’t want to.
- It happens late at night when I’m sleepy and want to sleep.
I know I sound like a Debbie Downer but I just can’t comprehend this holiday. I like Christmas and Easter and stuff but New Year’s just seems like another day to me.