Is it normal i accidentally swallowed a battery?

It was the middle of the night, I got confused and grabbed a battery off my night stand and accidentally swallowed it. I only realized after I swallowed it and what I did sank in.

I tried to induce vomiting but got nervous it would choke me so I just went back to sleep and now it's morning.

Is it normal? Will it come out whole yuck

Is It Normal?
Help us keep this site organized and clean. Thanks!
[ Report Post ]
Comments ( 29 ) Sort: best | oldest
  • If that really happened, you'd be dead. It would have burned through you and killed you, without immediate medical intervention.

    What a stupid lie.

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • Now you can be the Energizer Bunny!

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • Hey man I know all about waking up without energy but there’s a thing called coffee that’s a bit safer

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • If it's a button battery you have to go the emergency room because they do very serious damage very quickly.

    If it was a AA battery you'll probably just shit it out

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • You're gonna die.

    Comment Hidden ( show )
    • -
    • Actually I would be surprised if the battery took him down. It would be one less pinhead on this site though which may be nice. But if he has a habit of swallowing random shit, he won't be with us much longer anyways.

      Comment Hidden ( show )
  • You should go to the doctor ASAP. How long ago was it when you swallowed it?

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • what size?

    link an xray or gtfo

    Comment Hidden ( show )
    • -
    • https://www.target.com/p/energizer-coin-lithium-2032-batteries-2-ct-2032bp-2n/-/A-14796579

      Comment Hidden ( show )
      • -
      • I've just seen this, please go to the emergency room right now, it's extremely dangerous and will have already done damage

        Comment Hidden ( show )
      • everyones makin fun but ima take it seriously

        https://www.poison.org/battery

        so did it pass yet?

        it sounds like if the battery makes it to yalls stomach then yall be fine but if it sits in yalls esophagus itll burn a hole

        one other thought is that im guessin at was that yall was tryinta take a pill in the middlea the night which yall didnt mention and if yalld been more clear then people wouldnt be jumpin all over yalls shit

        yalls post sounds like yall just go swallowin random shit in the night

        there might be trouble if yalls pills is opiates cause they slow yalls digestion

        Comment Hidden ( show )
  • If you're not a troll please call the hospital immediately.

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • So when's the funeral?

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • I feel the user donteatstuffoffthesidewalk would be dissappointed with this careless consumption of random objects.

    (On the off-chance that you’re not trolling get your arse to the fucking ER.)

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • So you just randomly grab stuff off of your nightstand, and eat it all the time?

    Comment Hidden ( show )
  • Lol @ accidentally.

    You accidentally put a battery in your gob

    Then accidentally forced it down the food tube

    You better accidentally go to urgent care

    Comment Hidden ( show )
    • -
    • Coulda been one of those pill-shaped watch batteries.

      Comment Hidden ( show )
      • -
      • Yeah it was the pill one. Had to go to the hospital for it

        Comment Hidden ( show )
  • Are you okay now? Hopefully he is alive

    Comment Hidden ( show )
    • -
    • I don't know mate, he hasn't responded for a while. Someone made a post about subconsiosly eating paper towels and I think that might have been him, but that is the last I have heard of this man. Death by battery consumption.

      Comment Hidden ( show )
  • It'll be fine, your stomach produces acid and battery acid is pretty much the same thing. Just go on with your day as usual.

    Comment Hidden ( show )
Add A Comment