Is it normal my friend thinks she is a demon?
My friend thinks she is a Demon.
She literally believes she IS a Demon.
1. She gets offended when you call her human.
2. She makes these chirping sounds when she cuddles people
3. She cuddles people by nuzzling they under the neck
4. She makes these moans when she’s frustrated or confused or playful
5. She growls at people... not all the time. And honestly she has a pretty fierce growl
6. She thinks Hell is her home and loves Satan
7. She lays down like a dog on his master bed with her... uh... paws tucked under her
8. She LOVES it when people call her a beast, or amoral, or demonic, or a monster.
9. She loves everything occult and loves all these horror movies and the horror genres. She says it feeds the demon in her
10. She also goes onto this site called Bestgore I think? She says it feeds the demon in her and calms her down.
11. She is restless, impatient, and rather curious of “human kind”
12. She only falls in love with other Demons she reads about in mythology or any fictional character who is a Demon.
13. She finds her ‘urges’ hard to control. I think she means her vocalizations.
14. She has a tendency to crave organ meat.... a lot
15. She actually has a stable job, friendships, family, and takes care of several animals.... so she’s not inept.
I think she knows deep down that she is human. She has lived a really rough life and is just trying to escape it.
I looked this up because I was curious if it was some kind of escapism and I found this thing called Demon Kin in the Otherkin classification, where people actually believe they are spiritually demons. They know on the outside that they are human, but their identity is something that is either a non human animal or other worldly.
Is it normal that this girl believes she is a demon. She is 27 years old. I can see if she was an edgy teenager but she isn’t anymore. However, she said she always felt this ways since she was 5.
She’s my best friend and I do like her for who she is. I think this is just one of her quirks. But I wanted to make an anonymous post on here and ask if anyone knows if or what this is...
Is it normal?