Adult Shampoo Making Kids Blind
I was giving a bath to my four year old son. We ran out of his "children's shampoo", so I just used a small bit of regular (Head and Shoulders-Dandruff) shampoo. While I was rinsing out his hair, he got a little in his eyes. It stung and he started screaming. His mother burst into the bathroom, started screaming and yelling at me, and informed me that using adult shampoo on a 4 year old can blind them. I felt horrible, I really didn't know.
She yanked him up and out of the bathtub, shampoo-still-in-hair, and proceeded to frantically wipe the shampoo out of his hair and off his face with a towel.
After giving it some thought, I checked the Warning label for any specifics about blindness... there were none. Also, I could not think of any instance where an adult blind person traced their handicap back to shampoo.
1) I use dandruff shampoo because I like the smell better than regular head and shoulders. I do not have dandruff.
2) My wife is positive that it's the anti-dandruff chemical that causes the blindness.
3) Later, when I questioned my wife as to why it wasn't on the Warning label, she didn't have an answer.
4) If you are male and you are reading this, my best advice is to not get married or have children. This is what it is all about. A crying kid and a pissed off wife on a Friday night... because of shampoo.
I will definitely not use the adult shampoo from now on, because the children's shampoo won't sting his eyes; however, blindness is a lot different from stinging. In the comments, please tell me if anyone else has ever heard of this.
Is her reaction normal??