About Is It Normal
What's this site all about?
isitnormal.com is an experiment to try begin to determine the meaning of the word 'normal'. A quick look in the dictionary will show that what constitues normal is not always so clear. So, ask the world about your situation, friend, habit or observation today and find out a bit more about where you stand.
- Conforming with, adhering to, or constituting a norm, standard, pattern, level, or type; typical: normal room temperature; one's normal weight; normal diplomatic relations.
- Biology. Functioning or occurring in a natural way; lacking observable abnormalities or deficiencies.
- Designating a solution having one gram equivalent weight of solute per liter of solution.
- Designating an aliphatic hydrocarbon having a straight and unbranched chain of carbon atoms.
- Being at right angles; perpendicular.
- Perpendicular to the direction of a tangent line to a curve or a tangent plane to a surface.
- Relating to or characterized by average intelligence or development.
- Free from mental illness; sane.
- Something normal; the standard: scored close to the normal.
- The usual or expected state, form, amount, or degree.
- Correspondence to a norm.
- An average.
Who created IsItNormal and why?
IsItNormal.com was conceived of in December of 2004 by Udi Falkson
Is there anything else like IIN?
Check out our companion site Is It OK To?